About MCQ Exam Scanning
The ITS Client Service group, within Information Technology Services, provides an MCQ Exam Scanning service using an Optical Mark Reader (OMR).
We can scan and analyse True/False and multiple choice exams for your organisational unit.
Please see the video below, which details how to correctly complete a multiple choice exam paper. Lecturers are encouraged to show his video to students as part of the examination process.
Make sure you have the Multiple Choice Marking Request [pdf file] correctly completed and ready to submit with your exam and exam answer sheet. If you prefer to enter the data within this form, before printing, then you may wish to download and save the word [.doc] version.
Terms and Conditions
- Once an exam has been scanned/marked, it is considered final and complete. Any changes made to the Instructor’s answer(s) to be rescanned/remarked will incur additional charge(s). Resubmission of the papers and new answer sheet will be required for re-scanning/re-marking.
- All required documents/information must be submitted along with the “Multiple Choice Marking Request Form” upon drop off of the exam to ensure timely processing of the marking. Incomplete request / documents will not be processed.
- It is the requester’s responsibility to provide the correct number of exam papers upon submitting. Incorrect batched papers count, can result in significant delay and incur additional charge(s) as it will require additional processing time and verification/reconfirmation from the requester before marking.
- ITS accepts no responsibility for any misplaced student papers once it has been returned to the requester.
- It is strongly recommended that the original student exam papers not be returned to the students to prevent any dispute that may arise from illegitimate modifications made to the papers after the exams being scanned/marked.
- All scanned/marked exam papers will be mailed (via UQ Internal Mail system) back to the Lecturer whose name appears on the form unless otherwise specified.
- $75.00 flat rate [Includes up to 150 sheets]
- + $0.12 per sheet thereafter
- All pricing is exclusive of GST.
ITS Client Service
Phone: 07 336 56000
Location: Level 2, Prentice Building (#42), Staff House Road, St Lucia campus, Between 8:00am & 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
You may wish to read our Exam Scanning FAQ's.