ITS has become aware of a serious vulnerability in some versions of Apple iOS. As a result of this vulnerability, we recommend that all users of iPhones and iPads upgrade to iOS version 9.3.5 as soon as possible. To update your device, please follow the instructions below:
Update your device wirelessly
If a message says that an update is available, tap Install Now. You can also follow these steps:
1. Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
2. Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
3. Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel. Later, iOS will reinstall apps that it removed.
4. To update now, tap Install. Or you can tap Later and choose Install Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you tap Install Tonight, just plug your iOS device into power before you go to sleep. Your device will update automatically overnight.
5. If asked, you may need to enter your passcode.
Update your device using iTunes
1. Ensure that the latest version of iTunes is installed on your computer.
2. Connect your device to your computer.
3. Open iTunes and select your device.
4. Click Summary, then click Check for Update.
5. Click Download and Update.
For further information, please contact the ITS Service Desk on (336) 56000 or firstname.lastname@example.org