Cisco Certified Network Professional
The Cisco Certified Network Professional Certification is achieved by passing 3 individual certification exams. Each of the these certifications is well regarded in the Computer Networking industry.
The UQtrainIT Cisco Networking Academy CCNP courses are aimed to help individuals gain a though understanding of the CCNP topics and to help them pass the Certification exam. UQtrainIT encourages students to take the CCNP certification exams soon after the course at a Pearson VUE testing centre.
UQtrainIT uses the IDG NetLab service to enable remote access to the Cisco Routers and Switches used in these courses. This means students can easily access equipment to do lab work out of class time.
Links For Students - Password Required
Access the OLD Cisco Networking Academy CCNP on the UQ Network
- Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI)
- Implementing Secure Converged Wide Area Networks (ISCW)
- Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN)
- Optimizing Converged Cisco Networks (ONT)
NOTE: The CCNP ROUTE, SWITCH AND TSHOOT content is delivered via texts rather than online. The texts are listed below.
Why do a CCNP through the Cisco Networking Academy Program?
As with many of the large IT corporations, Cisco offers industry training and certification. The Cisco (CCNP) qualification is a world wide recognised Professional level certification in the area of Network Engineering. This level of certification is aimed at those who are CCNA qualified and have some experience in the area of Network Engineering. The CCNP course is broken up into independent courses/semesters - Click the links below to find out more information about the Certification Requirements.
- Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE Exam 300-101
- Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Exam 300-115
- Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks (TSHOOT) Exam 300-135
Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Exam 300-101
- Chapter 1: Basic Network and Routing Concepts
- Chapter 2: EIGRP Implementation
- Chapter 3: OSPF Implementation
- Chapter 4: Manipulating Routing Updates
- Chapter 5: Path Control Implementation
- Chapter 6: Enterprise Internet Connectivity
- Chapter 7: BGP Implementation
- Chapter 8: Routers and Routing Protocol Hardening
Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Exam 300-115
- Chapter 1 Fundamentals Review
- Chapter 2 Network Design Fundamentals
- Chapter 3 Campus Network Architecture
- Chapter 4 Spanning Tree in Depth
- Chapter 5 Inter-VLAN Routing
- Chapter 6 First-Hop Redundancy
- Chapter 7 Network Management
- Chapter 8 Switching Features and Technologies for the Campus Network
- Chapter 9 High Availability
- Chapter 10 Campus Network Security
Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks (TSHOOT) Exam 300-135
- Chapter 1: Troubleshooting Methods
- Chapter 2: Structured Troubleshooting
- Chapter 3: Network Maintenance Tasks and Best Practices
- Chapter 4: Basic Switching and Routing Process and Effective IOS Troubleshooting Commands
- Chapter 5: Using Specialized Maintenance and Troubleshooting Tools
- Chapter 6: Troubleshooting Case Study: SECHNIK Networking
- Chapter 7: Troubleshooting Case Study: TINC Garbage Disposal
- Chapter 8: Troubleshooting Case Study: PILE Forensic Accounting
- Chapter 9: Troubleshooting Case Study: Bank of POLONA
- Chapter 10: Troubleshooting Case Study: RADULKO Transport
In 2016 the UQtrainIT CCNP Program consist of 3 courses of 8 weeks duration. We will meet in person or online for 4 hours per week. Presentations will be recorded for those that cannot make the in-person or online sessions.
- Completion with 70% or better of the online Module/Chapter tests (Open Book).
- Completion with 70% or better of the end of Semester online tests (Closed Book).
- Completion with 70% for the Semester Skills Tests Practical Tests (Closed Book).
- Completion with 70% of the Semester Case Study Projects.
- Acceptable Attendance i.e. greater than 60% of the Tuition time.
Prerequisites and Important Points regarding Preparation for Class
The only Prerequisite for the CCNP course is that students have previously completed and hold a current CCNA Certification. It is helpful if the student is highly motivated and industry experience in Network Engineering will enhance the experience.
The course labs and chapter exams are delivered online. The course content is covered via Text Books which are provided for the course. It is expected that you will complete all of the chapter tests with 70% or better. The chapter exams are open book and repeats are allowed but they must all be completed. It is important to Pre-read each module as you go and it is essential to keep up to date with the chapter tests. If you fall behind they will become an unpleasant burden. Students will not be allowed to sit the end of semester tests until the Module/Chapter online tests are completed to the instructors satisfaction. To be successful in this course it is recommend students attend classes for 4 hours each week. Outside of class an additional 6 - 12 hours should be allowed for reading the curriculum and if needed doing online tests and lab work.
For the first Class, Don't forget to have your account name and password for class. Note pads and USB memory sticks maybe useful and are welcome.
2016 Course Schedule & Venue
|Group 16A - ROUTE||May 20, 27, Jun 3, 10, 17, 24, Jul 1, 8|
|Group 16A - SWITCH||Aug 5, 12, 19, 26, Sep 2, 9, 16, 23|
|Group 16A - TSHOOT||Oct 14, 21, 28, Nov 4, 11, 18, 25, Dec 2|
Tuition sessions will be on Friday afternoons from 1pm to 5pm.
The University of Queensland, St Lucia Campus:
The course venue is the Central Admin Training Labs S40 & S42 level 3 of the Seddon Complex South, Building 82A. The hallway entry with the labs is from the veranda which can be accessed by stairs or a wooden ramp. I suggest you check out UQ Maps http://www.uq.edu.au/maps or UQ now has and App UQNav http://www.uq.edu.au/appcentral/detail/3/ to help you find the rooms. More information will be sent with the Welcome to the course email.
Costs, Enrolments & Payments
Each CCNP course cost is $1320 including GST. This fee includes the text books but not the exam fee. A bundle option has bee included in the enrolment process. You can have all 3 CCNP courses for $3300 including GST. This is a saving of $660 including GST.
- Class times are not rigid and can be negotiated at the start of semester with the instructor having the final say.
- Classes will be cancelled if minimum enrolments (5 or more) are not achieved.
- FULL refunds of enrolment fees will be available if classes are cancelled.
- Once a course starts, all student requested cancellations or transfers will incur a $75 administration fee.
- Attendance and Participation in classes is required. Acceptable attendance is at least 60% of class time
Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide
by Diane Teare, Bob Vachon, Rick Graziani
Print: ISBN-13 9781587204562 / eBook: 9780133969191
Published Jan 15, 2015 by Cisco Press
Copyright 2015 Edition: 1st
Implementing Cisco Switched Networks (SWITCH) Foundation Learning Guide
by Richard Froom, Erum Frahim
Print: ISBN-13 9781587206641 / eBook: 9780133964110
Published May 14, 2015 by Cisco Press
Copyright 2015 Edition: 1st
Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks (TSHOOT) Foundation Learning Guide
by Amir Ranjbar
Print: ISBN-13 9781587204555 / eBook: 9780133965896
Published Dec 31, 2014 by Cisco Press
Copyright 2015 Edition: 1st