Listening to feedback from UQ ITS staff and others. It has been determined there is a need for a Networking Foundations course. This course will be aimed at two audiences:
- Non-Network People whose industry is moving more and more to IP based Networking hardware and software based applications. The AV industry is an example of this.
- People interested in a career in Network Engineering without a IP Networking background. Many past CCNA students have indicated a pre CCNA course would have helped them be ready for what is now a fairly intense CCNA course.
This course will be very hands on with each session involving lab activities and quizzes. The course will finish with a mini test at the end of the day
Contents on this page
- Links For Students - Password required
- Course Outline
- Course Schedule/Venue
- Costs/Enrolment and Payments
- HTTP site for UQtrainIT students to Download Class Notes.
Session 1 - What is an IP Address
Session 2 - The Switch
Session 3 - Switches verse Routers
Session 4 - What we do in SOHO and Keeping things Secure
Assessment and Course Evaluation
|Group 16-A||February 29th|
|Group 16-B||July 4th|
|Group 16-C||July 19th|
|Group 16-D||August 15th|
|Group 16-E||October 10th|
|Group 16-F||November 7th|
Tuition sessions will be from 9am to 5pm.
The University of Queensland
St Lucia Campus
The course venue is the Central Admin Training Labs S40 & S42 level 3 of the Seddon Complex South, Building 82A. The hallway entry with the labs is from the veranda which can be accessed by stairs or a wooden ramp. I suggest you check out UQ Maps http://www.uq.edu.au/maps or UQ now has and App UQNav http://www.uq.edu.au/appcentral/detail/3/ to help you find the rooms. More information will be sent with the Welcome to the course email.
The Networking Foundations 1 day course will cost $330 including GST
- Class times are not rigid and can be negotiated at the start of semester with the instructor having the final say.
- Classes will be cancelled if minimum enrolments (5 or more) are not achieved.
- FULL refunds of enrolment fees will be available if classes are cancelled.
- Once a course starts, all student requested cancellations or transfers will incur a $75 administration fee.
- Attendance and Participation in classes is required. Acceptable attendance is at least 60% of class time