Free-to-air TV channels
Enjoy all free-to-air TV channels live on your computer courtesy of Information Technology Services.
Requirements for viewing:
- Your computer is physically connected to the UQ campus network (not wirelessly).
- Your computer must be logged into the Internet Management Service (IMS).
- The network you are physically connected to must be enabled to receive multicast streams. If you are unable to do so please contact your local IT support to have this enabled.
- Your computer must have VLC Media Player installed.
It is highly recommended that you use Firefox or Chrome browsers to save the files below. Internet Explorer and Safari may encounter problems.
Please right click the picture and select 'save link as'
Alternatively, you can access all tv channels by right clicking and "save link as" here.
Instructions for use:
- Download and install the latest version of VLC media player (Windows/OSX)
- Click on the channel you wish to play below.
- Open downloaded file in VLC.
Free to air television can be viewed directly on a personal computer screen by following the steps above. If you would like to set it up on larger screens, in lecture theatres or have specific display requirements please contact the ITS Service Desk on (07) 336 56000 or email@example.com