Sony UTX-B2 Wireless Lapel Microphone user guide
Click here to download this user guide in PDF format.
This guide covers the basic operation of the Sony UTX-B2 Wireless Lapel Microphone, which is compatible with most lecture theatres at UQ.
|Battery Indicator||This shows the current status of the batteries||Power Switch||This switch is used to toggle the device ON and OFF.|
|Power level Indicator||This shows the current RF Power level, which can be toggled between High and Low. This setting should remain on High.||Adjustment Buttons||The button are used to toggle through menu settings.|
|Channel / Channel Group||This shows the current Channel group and Channel. At UQ, the Channel Group should always remain set at 00.||Set Button||This button is use to change and enter menu settings|
|Mic/Line Switch||This switch is use to toggle input gain between Microphone and Line level. This should always remain set to MIC.||2xAA Battery Compartment||Squeeze the two clips to unlock and remove the battery compartment.|
Instructions for UQ lecture theatres
Please follow these instructions to set up the UTX-B2/42 Wireless Lapel Microphone for use in UQ lecture theatres.
- Use the Power Switch to set the device to OFF.
- Confirm that the MIC/LINE switch is set to MIC.
- Press and hold the SET button, then toggle the Power Switch to ON. Release the SET button when you can see characters flashing on the device's display.
- Press the set button repeatedly until you see PO:H or PO:L flashing on the display. This is the Power Level setting. Use the adjustment buttons to set the power level to H, then select SET.
- You should now see a series of numbers on the display, separated by either a period or a space, with only the first set of numbers flashing. This is the Channel setting.
- Use the adjustment buttons to set the Channel Group (the first set of numbers) to 00, then select SET.
- Now use the adjustment buttons to set the Channel to the required channel, then select SET. The correct channel for any UQ lecture theatre should be displayed on a red volume fader visible on the touch panel display, and also on a sticker above the touch panel. Click here for a list of UQ teaching rooms and wireless microphone channels.
- Press the SET button twice. You should see ATT - 00 displayed on the screen, followed by a flashing 2-digit number. This is your attenuation setting. Use the adjustment buttons to set this number to 00, then select SET.
- Use the Power Switch to turn the device OFF and then ON again. The device will power on with the correct settings.
- Power ON the AV system via the room's touch panel, then use the red RADIO MIC volume fader to mute and adjust the volume level of your microphone.