Changing your student email address
In order to request an email address change, please email the ITS ServiceDesk. In this email, please include the following information:
- Your full student number
- A list of email addresses you would like to change to, in case I can't get your first preference
- An alternative email contact point
- A phone number
- A statement that you understand your mailbox may be deleted during the address change process, and you have backed up any important information on your account
Email/ID address guidelines
Only the following formats are accepted.
Example name: Jonathan Scott Citizen
A dot (period) must prefix lastname
Email addresses must be based on your name in SI-net
NO firstname only
NO lastname only
NO initalised last name
Email/ID addresses are subject to availability.
Before you request
- Think carefully before requesting a change as you will need to backup everything attached your current LIVE ID (Email, Spaces, Sky Drive etc) beforehand.
- As your existing account is being altered, it is your responsibility to backup your Email, Spaces, Sky Drive etc.
- Requests for changes are not immediately processed. As such, you should redirect your current live ID to an alternative account as emails will still be sent your current @uqconnect.edu.au email address until your request has been processed.
Once the change has taken place, your existing Live ID will be altered. E-mails directed to this address will be returned to their sender.
Email/ID changes can take 24-48hrs.