Connect to WiFi using Windows 10
- Click Wireless Network Connections icon in the taskbar at the bottom right of the screen:
This should open the list of available WiFi networks.
- Click either UQ or Eduroam
- Tick Connect Automatically
- Click Connect
- Check that Use my Windows user account is unticked.
- If you chose UQ enter your normal username and password.
Please note that for students the username is the same as for SI-Net or my.uq. For example, s1234567.
- If you chose eduroam you will need to add @uq.edu.au to the end of your username
- Click OK
Note: If Eduroam is rejecting your username/password ensure that your username is in the format firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also be asked to verify a certificate when connecting for the first time. This will be named either uq.edu.au or eduroam.uq.edu.au.
Click Continue to accept the certificate
When you are connected Eduroam will report as Connected and Secured