College Commercial Internet Access
Non-UQ students who reside in UQ campus colleges, can enjoy Internet access at reduced rates.
This account, designed to be used in your college residence, includes:
- 5GB download quota per month
- On-campus wireless acccess
Note: This account does not provide dial-up access or an email account. You will receive direct Internet access in your room.
How to get started
This account can only be purchased through ITS Client Services. Applications can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted in person at the following location:
ITS Client Services, Prentice Centre (BLDG 42), Between 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
The cost of this service is $24 for a period of 6 months. This service is only available in 6-month blocks.
About College Commercial Internet Access
- 5GB download per month - Your download allowance is used whenever you access the Internet at College, or from locations on UQ campuses (including wireless) when you use your "CZ" username and password. Access to UQ sites, most Australian universities (except Notre Dame and Bond) and many leading research institutions around the world are free and do not count against your download quota.
- Unlimited usage hours - You have unlimited usage hours when you connect to the Internet via this account.
- Wireless access - If you have a laptop computer with an 802.11 b or g card then you can connect to the Internet from many places around UQ campuses. When you are on-campus look out for the wireless hotspot signs. When you are in range to access the Internet, you will be redirected to a login screen. Just enter your UQ Sign In username and password.
- Extra download - If your account runs out of download before the end of the month, you can purchase additional download quota from ITS Client Services.
ITS Client Service
Phone: 07 336 56000
Location: Level 2, Prentice Building (#42), Staff House Road, St Lucia campus, Between 8:00am & 4:30pm, Monday to Friday